Welcome to Sixth Grade!
On Friday, November 6th parents will have the ability to view their child’s progress report on MSP. In an effort to “go green” a hard copy will not be issued. Please review the report with your child. The trimester closes on 12/4, so there is ample time for improvement should it be needed. Conference times should have come home on a green slip the week of October 26th. Please make every effort to come at the time assigned as in most cases sessions were scheduled back to back. If you have a conflict feel free to contact me.
Thanks to the generosity of Mrs. Eileen Reddington, her family, and friends, a scholarship fund has been created in memory of her husband, Mr. Martin J. Reddington. This scholarship will be awarded to two students in 6th or 7th grade who meet the criteria establish by Mrs. Reddington and her family and friends. The students in 6th and 7th grade have received a paper copy of the criteria. Below are the links to the information and community service form. We are truly blessed.
- Nov. 2-All Saints Program 1 PM
- Nov. 6-Liturgy 9:30 AM
- Nov 6-Progress Report Available on MSP
- Nov. 10-Jules Pizza Night
- Nov. 20-Pizza Day
- Nov. 20-22-Christmas Bazaar
- Nov. 23-Pretzel Money due
- Nov. 25-Faculty Meeting No School
- Nov. 26-Thanksgiving No School
- Nov. 27-No School
Confirmation Dates to Remember
- October 11 – Parent/Sponsor Confirmation meeting with Joan Fitzpatrick, Director of Adult Faith Formation at St. Robert Bellarmine Parish, Warrington, at 12:00 in Lynaugh Hall.
- November 15 – Confirmation practice at 12:00 for Confirmandi and Sponsors
- November 28 – Confirmation Retreat at the Motherhouse of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, Bensalem. Sponsors and parents are welcome.
- December 6 – Confirmation will be administered by Bishop Joseph F. Martino during the 11:00 Sunday Mass.
In October, the sixth grade will be starting Spanish. Here is a message from the Spanish teacher.
¡Hola a todos!
My name is Mrs. Cristina Cimorelli and I will be the Spanish instructor for sixth grade! I am so excited to join the Good Shepherd Catholic School! I have been a Spanish teacher at Bishop McDevitt High School for the last six years and I have loved every minute! I look forward to meeting the sixth grade class very soon. I anticipate a year full of learning and, most importantly, fun!
Religion:Christ Our Life
Spelling Unit 10
The sixth grade made videos about Creation for Religion. Click on each link to watch the videos.
Each sixth grader taught the class how to do something.
Breast Cancer Awareness Day
Back to School
The Sixth Grade reviewed nouns with Kahoot!
The Sixth grade reviewed Multiplying Integers with a game of Connect Four.
The seventh and eighth grade Math classes did an activity called Broken Squares to learn how to work together in groups.