Welcome to the GSC 7th Grade webpage!
We are gearing up for Catholic Schools Week!!
- At the Masses on Sunday, January 31st, you will see student representatives. After the 11:00 Mass, there will be an Open House at GSC. Members of Student Council and the National Junior Honor Society will be there to give tours and share their GSC experience with the community.
- On Monday, we will honor police officers, firefighters, EMTs, veterans, and active duty military at our 9:30 school liturgy. Please invite any family members or friends that fall into these categories. See information in the communication envelope or contact Mrs. Blackwell.
- Students were asked to bring in a donation for Aid For Friends. The 7th grade is collecting breakfast bars. We will fill these bags on Tuesday.
- On Wednesday, we will show our appreciation to our volunteers with a delicious brunch.
- Thursday is our Grandparent/Special Friend Day. Play a game of BINGO, visit the Bookfair, and maybe win a prize.
- Student appreciation day is Friday. Students will enjoy a hot dog lunch and a movie. We will conclude CSW with a prayer service.
- Students are welcome to purchase books at the Book Fair throughout the week.
**Please join us during Catholic Schools Week to celebrate who we are at Good Shepherd!!
Anyone who would like to see what we are all about at GSC is welcome! Schedule a tour with Mrs. Barbara Gress.
Email or call Mrs. Gress at
Congratulations to Jake and Danny for winning the Archbishop Wood Essay contest. We are very proud!!
February 1st – February 5th – CSW, Book Fair
February 4th – Grandparent/Special Friend Day
February 5th – Pizza Money is Due, Prayer Service
Here are some photos from the Holiday Shop, Craft Day, and our 7th grade Advent Angel party.
Congratulations to all those selected to the Good Shepherd Catholic School charter of the NJHS. The Induction Ceremony took place on October 23rd. We are so proud of you!!
The 7th grade inductees are:
Maria Abraham Samantha Carlson
Rudy Del Prete Mollie Naessens
Francesca Rossi Maggie Telford
Kendall White Nicholas White
Daniel Wilkinson Kevin Wilkinson
Thanks to the generosity of Mrs. Eileen Reddington, her family, and friends, a scholarship fund has been created in memory of her husband, Mr. Martin J. Reddington. This scholarship will be awarded to two students in 6th or 7th grade who meet the criteria establish by Mrs. Reddington and her family and friends. The students in 6th and 7th grade have received a paper copy of the criteria. Below are the links to the information and community service form. We are truly blessed.
We Love Science!
The 6th Grade recently made their own compasses using a needle, a piece of cork, a magnet, and a cup of water.
The 8th grade researched an element on the periodic table. They designed informational posters and built 3D models of an atom of their element.
The 6th grade made videos to explain Newton’s Laws of Motion. Lights, Camera, Action…
The 8th grade explored state changes in matter by making ice cream.
The 7th and 8th grade were given a block of wood, a plastic spoon, two push pins and a rubber band and told to create a catapult. Check out our engineers hard at work.
The 6th grade observed the forces of cohesion and surface tension. How many paper clips will make this cup of water overflow? How many drops of water can you fit on a penny? What was that mystery liquid that reduced the strength of these forces? Ask a 6th grader.
Do you want to get your scientific minds working…
Check out this link. STEM Guide for Kids. It lists over 200 STEM related websites.
Myrtle is back in the classroom. She has grown significantly this summer.