God * Scholarship * Community * Service
January 31 – February 6, 2016
Please join us at GSC for our Catholic Schools Week Activities!
Our Scholastic Book Fair runs throughout the week in our library.
- Sunday, January 31–Student representatives will be attending every Mass on Saturday and Sunday. From 12-2 PM on Sunday, our Student Council officers and members of the National Junior Honor Society will be ready to give tours of GSC during our Open House.
- Monday, February 1–School Mass is scheduled for 9:30 AM. We are honoring our local police officers, firefighters, ambulance personnel, veterans and active duty military during our Liturgy. Eighth grade families are very welcome to join us at Mass. First and eighth grade students are reading, carrying flags and ribbons, taking up the gifts and cantoring for this Mass.
- Tuesday, February 2–Our students will put together breakfast bags for “Aid for Friends”. The 8th grade girls were asked to bring in individual cereal bowls. The 8th grade boys were asked to bring in juice boxes.
- Wednesday, February 3–Our volunteers are invited to enjoy brunch with fellow volunteers as students show their appreciation.
- Thursday, February 4–Grandparents / Special Visitors are invited to visit GSC, play BINGO and check out the Book Fair.
- Friday, February 5–Students and teachers will participate in a prayer service to celebrate Catholic Schools Week. Students will receive a hot dog lunch and watch a movie in the afternoon.
Thank you parents, families and friends of GSC for supporting our school.
Mass on February 1, 2016
Thank you first and eighth grade students and families for your participation. Thank you to our honored guests representing the Military, Police Officers and Firefighters.
Our Warm Coats and Warm Hearts Coat Drive was very successful! Now that the temperatures are getting colder, we are collecting new or gently used blankets during Catholic Schools Week. GSC 8th Grade students thank everyone for donating coats! Through your generosity, we collected 15 bags of coats.
Come visit GSC and learn about the great things at our school. Contact Mrs. Barbara Gress our Advancement Director to arrange for a tour. Email or call Mrs. Gress at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-886-0126
High School Information
This is an important time for the 8th grade parents and students as they look at everything the high schools have to offer. Check out the high school websites for the testing and open house dates. Click on the Admissions and Alumni links to learn about other scholarships that are available.
National Junior Honor Society
Congratulations to the 7th and 8th grade National Junior Honor Society members. The Induction Ceremony took place Friday, Oct. 23, 2016 at GSC.
Pink Day for Breast Cancer Awareness–GSC students and faculty/staff wore pink and donated money in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. Thank you for all contributions!
Congratulations to the 8th Grade National Junior Honor Society members:
Congratulations to the Officers of the Student Council.
Vice President–Vivianna Couchara
School Rep for Gr. 4-9–Mya Lepard
School Rep for Gr. PK-3–Ryan Petrilli
- Jan. 31–Catholic Schools Week begins; Book Fair Begins
- Feb. 1—GSC School Mass to officially begin the week. Mass is 9:30 AM. We will be honoring First Responders and Military Veterans and Active Military
- Feb. 2—Aid for Friends Breakfast Bags
- Feb. 3—Volunteer Breakfast
- Feb. 4—Grandparent and Special Friend Day
- Feb. 5—Student Day
- Feb. 1-12–Candy Gram Sale
- Feb. 10–Ash Wednesday-8 AM Mass
- Feb. 12–Stations of the Cross 1:30
- Feb. 15–President’s Day–No School
8th Grade Photo Gallery
8th Grade Snow “Angels”
Christmas Bazaar Bake Sale and Raffle Table
Puppet Shows with 1st and 8th grade