Orientation Letter June 2016
Scroll down to the 2015 – 2016 Photo Gallery!
Welcome to Good Shepherd Catholic School’s Kindergarten! We hope this will be a spiritually and academically rewarding experience for your child in Catholic education. This year your child’s teacher will be Mrs. Ludwig.
Kindergarten Orientation is on Thursday, September 8th from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. The schedule for the Orientation is as follows:
- 9:00 a.m. Parents bring Kindergarten children to lunchroom.
- 9:15 a.m. Teacher will take Kindergarten students to their classroom to get acquainted. Parent Presentation will be in the lunchroom.
- 10:00 a.m. The teacher will bring the Kindergarten children back to the lunchroom to meet their parents.
First Day of School
The first day of Kindergarten is Friday, September 9th. School begins at 7:50 am. I will meet the Kindergarten children outside in the school yard by the Kindergarten classroom at 7:45 am. If it is raining, please bring your child to the Kindergarten classroom.
Listed below are the school supplies your child will need for the school year. Items with an * are to be purchased at school. The cost of the supplies is $20. Please bring a check for $20 made payable to Good Shepherd Catholic School to Orientation or on the first day of school.
*2 primary journal copybooks *1 Large glue stick
*1 box (24) Crayola crayons *1 pair of Fiscar safety scissors
*1 art box 1 Crayola watercolor paint set (8 colors only)
*1 pink eraser School Bag (no wheels)
*3 pencils Lunch Box
*2 sturdy pocket folders
1 prong headset for Computer Class (if you are a new student to Good Shepherd School)
- The school day begins at 7:50 a.m. and ends at 2:35 p.m. At dismissal, please park and wait in the school parking lot for your child (more details at Orientation).
- If your child takes a bus, please put a name tag on your child’s shirt or on a school bag indicating their name, address, phone number and bus stop.
- Kindergarten children wear the school uniform every day. These uniforms should be purchased at Flynn & O’Hara (flynnohara.com), 901 N. Bethlehem Pike, Springhouse, PA 19477, (215) 793-9436.
- For morning snack, children should bring a drink, a small snack and a napkin. Their lunch should include another drink and napkin.
Teaching your child is a sacred privilege. We ask God to bless you and your child with many happy years at Good Shepherd Catholic School.
Mrs. Maureen Ludwig
2015 – 2016 Photo Gallery
Click on photo to view larger and download.