Here's what's happening at GSC from January 28 through February 3, 2023:
Saturday, January 28: Pre-CSW Event for Parents and other Adults
• The Home and School Association's annual Trivia Night takes place in the GSC auditorium. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the questions start around 7:00.
Saturday and Sunday, January 28-29: Celebrating Our Parish
• Student speakers will talk at the weekend Masses at Queen of Peace Church.
• School representatives will serve coffee and donuts in Lynaugh Hall
(under Queen of Peace Church) after the Sunday morning Masses.
Monday, January 30: Celebrating Our Community
• Annual Mass for GSC volunteers and community first responders
at 9:00 a.m. in Queen of Peace Church, followed by a
light breakfast/refreshments in the GSC auditorium.
The Mass can be watched via the Queen of Peace Livestream:
• Students will participate in a "Fighting Poverty" service project.
Tuesday, January 31: Celebrating Our Grandparents and Special Friends
• Students may dress as their favorite storybook character.
Students not dressing as a character can wear their gym uniform.
• There will be two sessions for GSC students to play Bingo with their invited guest(s), from 9:00 to 10:15 a.m., and then from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m.
Here is the SignUpGenius link for grandparents to RSVP:
• Students will participate in a STEM activity with their in-school "buddies."
Wednesday, February 1: Celebrating Our Teachers and Staff
• Teacher Appreciation Day
• Teachers will enjoy a catered lunch provided by
the Good Shepherd Home and School Association.
Adult lunch monitors should contact a teacher directly if they are able to volunteer
from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. Thank you for your time and consideration!
• Students can wear their gym uniform.
• Teachers and staff will play "Minute To Win It" against the eighth graders.
Thursday, February 2: Celebrating Our Students
• Students can wear their gym uniform with a crazy hat/socks.
• Students in Grades PreK-3: "Bring A Stuffed Animal To School" Day and
students in Grades 4-8: "Anything But A Backpack Day" (students come to school
carrying their school supplies in anything that isn’t a backpack).
• Students will receive a soft pretzel at morning recess/snack time.
• The Home and School Association will treat students to a Hot Dog Lunch.
• There will be an Academic Fair/Open House from 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
Friday, February 3: Celebrating GSC
• Dance For Education! (Click on the words to donate.)
• Students may wear GSC spirit wear or their gym uniform.
• Games and dancing throughout the day.