Here is a rundown of the opening days of the 2019-2020 school year:
Wednesday, September 4
• First day of school for grades 1 through 8
• Our school day begins at 7:50 a.m.
• Today’s dismissal is at 12:00 noon
Thursday, September 5
• Full day of school for grades 1 through 8
• Our school day ends at 2:30 p.m.
• Students must bring a lunch with them
• Kindergarten Orientation is at 9:00 a.m. for parents and students
• Pre-K Parent Meeting (followed by a Preschool Parent Social) at 6:30 p.m.
Friday, September 6
• Full day of school for kindergarten through 8th grade
• Preschool “Meet and Greet” for parents and students, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Saturday, September 7
• Home and School Association’s annual “Welcome (Back) Picnic” at school
after the 5:00 p.m. Vigil Mass at Queen of Peace Church
Monday, September 9
• First (and full) day for Pre-K classes
• Free NDS Breakfast and Lunch Program begins
• CARES Program begins (2:30 until 6:00 p.m.)
Friday, September 13
• Opening school year liturgy at Queen of Peace Church, 9:00 a.m.,
includes Induction of Student Council
Sunday, September 15
• Catechetical Sunday “commissioning” of PREP and GSC teachers
at 9:30 a.m. Mass at Queen of Peace Church
• Coffee and donuts in Lynaugh Hall following the 9:30 Mass
Thursday, September 19
• Back-To-School Night –
the Home and School’s first general meeting of school year –
FOX 29 news reporter Joyce Evans came to GSC on August 28 to talk with Mrs. Alexis Wilson, our 6th grade and middle school math teacher, about the school supplies she received through a national social media movement, #ClearTheList. Watch the story below.
The Nutritional Development Service (NDS) Breakfast and Lunch Program begins on Monday, September 9. The meals are offered to students at no cost. The menus for September are available to view on the "LUNCH PROGRAM" page. Please note that students in grades 1 through 8 will need to bring a lunch to school on Thursday and Friday, September 5-6. Kindergarten students will need to have a packed lunch that Friday, their first full day of school.
Stationery and Summer Reading Lists for all grades (K through 8) are available as .pdf files on one page for easy download. Look under the "Curriculum" or "Parent Resources" menu to link to the page, or just click here.
Good Shepherd Catholic Regional School
835 North Hills Avenue
Ardsley, PA 19038
215-886-4782 (Main Office)
215-884-1591 (Business Office)
215-887-9241 (Business Office Fax)
215-886-0126 (Advancement Office)